Councilman Ernie's NEW Feedback Blog

I will be introducing some subjects on this blog that I invite viewers to comment on. There is nothing "official" about this Blog. It reflects my own views and may also reflect the views of those who add comments which are very welcomed.It has been set up to give me some feedback on Town Topics and to provide an easy way for friends and constituents to let me know what's on their minds. Ernie Odierna, Councilman, Town of Mamaroneck

Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Just back from a nice vacation week in Cabo, Mexico.

Ready for our Town Board meeting tonight (Wed. Feb. 2, 2011.) The Blog comments have given me lots of food for thought on many different subjects. I wish somehow we could differentiate between our "anonymous" commentators so I could figure out if it just one person with lots of ideas, thoughts and frustrations or a number of different people.

I intend to try, this evening, during our work session, to come up with an acceptable way for our residents to address The Board at the start of our meetings, rather than at the end. Perhaps we could have a 2-3 minute, per speaker, speaking limit for "before the meeting" comments and no limit for "at the end of the meeting comments." I intend to suggest we do this on a "trial" basis, say for 6 months, and see how it works out. If no body shows up, we will not have spent any time. If too many show up to speak, maybe we will need to cut down on the alloted time for each speaker.

Tonight's the night of our Tree Law discussion. The Town Board has been talking about it during our work sessions and some new ideas are emerging that might make sense relating to the kind of tree, and perhaps the size and number of trees involved. I have been arguing for years about how smart our citizenry is and how much they could contribute to our deliberations. While it looks to be a crumby evening for going out to a meeting, I hope we can make some progress on the law.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home